|Home Schools Region Forum Collecting Galleries History Bibliography News Archive Contact|
Welcome to our sixty-second news page here at Schools of Nursing.
This is our second issue for 2022. Our fifteenth birthday is approaching!!|
*Publishing errors. We do have one or two. Please - if you do see errors, just say so, I will be offended and remove them asap!!
The article links in this column - 'Badge Manufacturers' marks and 'Nurse belts & buckles & Badges' - are continued below.
1. Nurse Badges, pins and memorabilia from East London Children’s Hospitals. Link.
2. Nurse Belts and Buckles. Last additions - a rare 'Naval Nursing Service nurses buckle; and one possibly related to the London Jewish Hospital Link.
3. Schools of Nursing NEWS PAGE 51 - 'A News Page Outline' - is a brazen attempt to show the origins of schoolsofnursing.co.uk Link.
4. Badge manufacturers and their Maker Marks. (No Change) Link.
5. Miss Ann Braddick - Military Nose/Hospital Matron - QA/Bristol Southmead Hospital/Matron St John's Hospital, Towbridge, Wilts. Link
The Nursing badges public gallery - nursesue's Gallery start.
We now have 5 galleries which are open to the public without login. 'nursesue's' gallery is the latest. They take a LOT of time:-
1. Eric's Gallery - The original and much neglected gallery still awaiting update. CLICK LINK...
2. Peter's 'backman' gallery - 50 pages of 24 badges per page and 1250 pages - (2400 photographs). CLICK LINK...
3. Mike's 'myk1066' gallery - 17)pages of 24 badges per page and 34 pages - (816 photographs) *with more in progress. CLICK LINK...
4. Barry Sutton's gallery is now started and updates will follow as soon as possible - many more badges - en-route.... CLICK LINK...
5. **nursesue's gallery is started and the first page is online now. CLICK LINK...
(*Temporarily - You may need to use your browser 'back' button to get back
In short, everyone who has agreed to our publishing a public gallery will have one - using their own photographs wherever possible. We must surely have a copy of almost every UK nursing/hospital badge ever produced.
Click a badge photograph to see the single page! The links can take you back and forward - a page at a time (24 badges per page) - for all 1310 pages if you like. Or go to the 'Gallery Start" page at the bottom of any individual badge to get back to the numbered 24 badge page. Sound complicated but you will quickly get the hang of it - promise!
Email messages - Training Transcripts
- Qualified Nurses.
Member Photograph Galleries.|
Still accumulating, albeit very more slowly. The 'National' galleries now contain 603,000 nursing/hospital badge photographs encompassing all areas of the UK; 594 photographs (buildings/people/ephemera); and 181 photographs (nurse uniforms), both civilian and military. We have achieved 603,000 already! By the end of 2021? 7000 is a target. It is possible. We continue to make solid progress and will perhaps achieve the largest collection in the UK, if we are not already there. New additions continue, albeit slowly...
We are now at 6681 - 7000 now seems a pos
We are now at 6681 - 7000 now seems a possibility. We are on the way and just maybe, we will see another magic number this year, thanks to our many contributors. And it is not just a matter of quantity but rather a combination of quantity and quality. The quality of additions made to the site - both in the way of photographs and contributions to our forum has created an irreplaceable contribution to nursing history. We can now claim to have a mini photographic museum here at schoolsofnursing. Sincere, heartfelt, thanks...
But the photographs are not our be
all/end all. Our online articles (42) are gaining too, to say nothing of our
nursing histories and news pages. There is a great deal of research
involved. Someone's time. Someone's money. All given selflessly without
thought of gain. What we have here are the seeds of success.
But, on a completely different
subject - 'Nurse Scarves'!!
You might just have started, or perhaps 're-started', a nurse
Another photograph from the past
Broadland School of Nursing
Well, that is yet another very pleasant note upon which to end the 61st Schools of Nursing Site News..... But just before I go have a look at this Broadland School of Nursing badge Link
Another 'Gifted' photograph - already added to our SON gallery
We express our grateful appreciation to those people who have contributed the original photographs
used to produce the News Pages.
1. News heading photo (all dates) - John Reeves
2. Bristol Southmead Gold (April) - John Reeves
3. St Bartholomew's Gold (April) - Ruth Watkin-Jones
4. Haygarth Silver (April) - 'ukhistory' (ebay)
5. Newcastle LS (April) - Peter Backman (Nursing badges)
6. RRC Medal (April) photo's- 'Caulgisbo' (ebay)
8. 'catandfrog' (July) - (ebay).
9. bokojnr (Dec) - (ebay).
10. blue.bottle (Dec) - (ebay).
11. 'backman' - (ebay).*
12. Hotminicooper (Jun) - (ebay).
13. Right-one50 (Oct - (ebay).
14. jcollinsmedals (Dec - (ebay).
15. Brittania Medals (Dec 2009).
16. elaine3080 (Feb 2010) - (ebay).
17. Fran Biley (Feb 2010) - schoolsofnursing.
18. St Andrews Children's Hospice - Grimsby.
19.themedalcentre - (ebay).
20. Christmas 1923 - Eric Wilkinson, schoolsofnursing.
21. past-modern - (ebay).
22. susie1156 - (ebay).
23. redsunshine525 - (ebay).
24. nbarton8 - (ebay).
25. magpieantics - (ebay)
26. rayofhope0 - (ebay).
27. Anotherluckyb - (ebay).
28. Helen M Coan.
29. yazandlaz - (ebay).
30. delroyb - (ebay).
31. Burmeseblue - (ebay).
32. amersham417 - (ebay).
33.Bethesda - (ebay).
34. nikkibarnard - (ebay).
35. madeinireland - ebay.
36. jamesmcg - (ebay).
37. pugwash - schoolsofnursing.
38. Sarah Rogers - schoolsofnursing.
40. Bill, schoolsofnursing.
41. alastaircox - (ebay).
42. Margaret Maxwell - (ebay).
43. soisjack - (ebay).
44. blubberlover - (ebay).
45. the collectique - (ebay).
47. Dart Silver Lid - ebay
48. 'gawincole' - ebay
49. Dr Patricia Mumford
57. The Welcome Institutue
58. Val Smyth.
59. Rebbeca D.
60. Sue Sullivan (SoN)
63. Siobahn Parry
64. Copyright kent190544
65. copyright MPool@cccinc.net
All Copyrights are Asserted
|Home Schools Region Forum Collecting Galleries History Bibliography News Archive Contact National Archives|