|Home Schools Region Forum Collecting Galleries History Bibliography News Archive Contact|
Not such a joke really, and in *all seriousness - if anyone out there wants to consider taking over this page, if only on an occasional basis, please do contact me for details. A few hours composing text and maybe photographs sending to me and I will do the rest. Text and perhaps 10 photographs is all it takes. Full details firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a rider - lousy pay (Nil) and no holidays (None)!!
We do apologize for the delays which can occur. This time, along with our Tech' admin we were on a much needed holiday.
*Publishing errors. We do have one or two. Please - if you do see errors, just say so, I will be offended and remove them asap!!
The article links in this column - 'Badge Manufacturers' marks and 'Nurse belts & buckles & Badges' - are continued below.
1. Fixings & Fastenings - NEW - PART TWO is here. Link
2. Post-Boxes 2. Link
3. Nurse Badges, pins and memorabilia from East London Children’s Hospitals. Link.
4. Nurse Belts and Buckles. Last additions - a rare 'Naval Nursing Service nurses buckle; and one possibly related to the London Jewish Hospital Link.
5. Schools of Nursing NEWS PAGE 51 - 'A News Page Outline' - is a brazen attempt to show the origins of schoolsofnursing.co.uk Link.
6. Badge manufacturers and their Maker Marks. (No Change) Link.
The Nursing badges public gallery -
nursesue's Gallery start.
(*Temporarily - You may need to use your browser 'back' button to get back
In short, everyone who has agreed to our publishing a public gallery will have one - using their own photographs wherever possible. We must surely have a copy of almost every UK nursing/hospital badge ever produced.
Click a badge photograph to see the single page! The links can take you back and forward - a page at a time (24 badges per page) - for all 1310 pages if you like. Or go to the 'Gallery Start" page at the bottom of any individual badge to get back to the numbered 24 badge page. Sound complicated but you will quickly get the hang of it - promise!
Email messages - Training Transcripts
- Qualified Nurses.
Member Photograph Galleries.|
Still accumulating, albeit very more slowly. The 'National' galleries now contain 6832,000 nursing/hospital badge photographs encompassing all areas of the UK; 594 photographs (buildings/people/ephemera); and 195 photographs (nurse uniforms), both civilian and military. We have achieved 6832,788 already! By the end of 2022? 7000 is a target. It is possible. We continue to make solid progress and will perhaps achieve the largest collection in the UK, if we are not already there. New additions continue and visitors have increased markedly...
But the photographs are not our be
all/end all. Our online articles (42) are gaining too, to say nothing of our
nursing histories and news pages. There is a great deal of research
involved. Someone's time. Someone's money. All given selflessly without
thought of gain. What we have here are the seeds of success.
Collecting... Something Old, something new... All Nice!
But first... A look back (News
page 032). A
marcasite on silver
creation for the QARANC - not necessarily a sweetheart
brooche but probably often gifted as one! I certainly have one in my
collection, though I bought mine from an ebay seller. It seems quite
is a transparent thermoplastic. PMMA is also known as acrylic,
acrylic glass, as well as by the trade names and brands Crylux,
Alfaplas, Plexiglas, Acrylite, Lucite, and Perspex - Wikipedia.
**Mother of pearl is a smooth shining
iridescent substance forming the inner layer of the shell of
abalones, used in ornamentation
But sweetheart brooches were intended not only for sweethearts, but
for serving members of the armed forces - sweethearts no doubt, families and friends.
And there are probably many other examples, in addition to the armed
services, which featured other services outside the scope of this
just what is her badge?
(Unchanged for that reason)
Well, that is yet another very pleasant note upon which to end the 66th Schools of Nursing Site News.....Next update August/Sept 2023.
We express our grateful appreciation to those people who have contributed the original photographs
used to produce the News Pages.
1. News heading photo (all dates) - John Reeves
2. Bristol Southmead Gold (April) - John Reeves
3. St Bartholomew's Gold (April) - Ruth Watkin-Jones
4. Haygarth Silver (April) - 'ukhistory' (ebay)
5. Newcastle LS (April) - Peter Backman (Nursing badges)
6. RRC Medal (April) photo's- 'Caulgisbo' (ebay)
8. 'catandfrog' (July) - (ebay).
9. bokojnr (Dec) - (ebay).
10. blue.bottle (Dec) - (ebay).
11. 'backman' - (ebay).*
12. Hotminicooper (Jun) - (ebay).
13. Right-one50 (Oct - (ebay).
14. jcollinsmedals (Dec - (ebay).
15. Brittania Medals (Dec 2009).
16. elaine3080 (Feb 2010) - (ebay).
17. Fran Biley (Feb 2010) - schoolsofnursing.
18. St Andrews Children's Hospice - Grimsby.
19.themedalcentre - (ebay).
20. Christmas 1923 - Eric Wilkinson, schoolsofnursing.
21. past-modern - (ebay).
22. susie1156 - (ebay).
23. redsunshine525 - (ebay).
24. nbarton8 - (ebay).
25. magpieantics - (ebay)
26. rayofhope0 - (ebay).
27. Anotherluckyb - (ebay).
28. Helen M Coan.
29. yazandlaz - (ebay).
30. delroyb - (ebay).
31. Burmeseblue - (ebay).
32. amersham417 - (ebay).
33.Bethesda - (ebay).
34. nikkibarnard - (ebay).
35. madeinireland - ebay.
36. jamesmcg - (ebay).
37. pugwash - schoolsofnursing.
38. Sarah Rogers - schoolsofnursing.
40. Bill, schoolsofnursing.
41. alastaircox - (ebay).
42. Margaret Maxwell - (ebay).
43. soisjack - (ebay).
44. blubberlover - (ebay).
45. the collectique - (ebay).
47. Dart Silver Lid - ebay
48. 'gawincole' - ebay
49. Dr Patricia Mumford
57. The Welcome Institutue
58. Val Smyth.
59. Rebbeca D.
|Home Schools Region Forum Collecting Galleries History Bibliography News Archive Contact National Archives|